Thursday, April 24, 2008


Carbon footprint



What is carbon footprint?

Nowadays, there are a lot of environment issues globally which means a lot to each one of us, such as ecological footprint and Global warming. Nevertheless, in order to take care of it the world need’s to participate in solving these problems that might affect our life and planet. Carbon Footprint is a way to measure daily human activities that might affect the environment in terms of the amount of greenhouse gases we produce. It is measured in units of carbon dioxide.







My carbon footprint


Sequentially to share reducing the footprint I measure my foot print from the website. The results show that I am living as if I had 2.51 planets which illustrate 20%in food, 21%in travel, 30%in home and 29%in stuff. This outcome equating to an ecological foot print of 5.09 hectares. My footprint is below the UK average. This eco- tip will help me on the journey to one planet future. The system also calculated my footprint which is 12.16 tonnes per annum.











How to manage the footprint

It is not like your trying to push a mountain but by changing your every day activities, you add to foot print. For instances your room light, when you leave your room don’t forget to turn it off. In the UAE we don’t actually pay for electricity most of the time companies do. So we living in houses don’t understand that for every second we put the light on in our rooms we add sadness to the world with pollution and the may cause and effects mentioned in posts above. Myself I have changed a little on how I act. For example, I have reduced the use of paper by using my laptop to type with instead of writing on paper. In addition Iadvice my friend to stop using cars, which have big engines and expend a lot of fuel. This will reduce the amount of CO2 emissions. I would like to conclude by saying that small changes may change the world where our future kids will live in.

No comments:

About Me

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates